[LRUG] [JOBS] Experienced Ruby developer required

Keir Osborn keir.osborn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 11:42:05 PDT 2014

Hello,

First time poster.

I’m a junior Ruby developer working for a Charity based in Clerkenwell. I’m
looking for a more experienced developer to come in for a day to give an
assessment of our website's code base. This assessment will be trying to
answer a few different questions.

Firstly, we're intending to drastically re-design our user journey and CMS
and would like to know how feasible this is on top of the current code -
I'm able to maintain, repair and add features myself but for a drastic
re-design like this I would be more comfortable if someone with greater
experience were involved. The precise details of the re-design are not yet
finalised but I will talk the developer through the kinds of things we
would want to do.

Secondly, on a broader level, i'd also be keen to get a sense of the long
term sustainability and security of the current code base. It's my first
dev job and I inherited the code base from my predecessor so i'm not
totally sure of a) its long term sustainability out right, or b) if it's
not up to scratch in terms of security, how much work will need to go into
it in order to make sure that it is.

As I say, I don't have a huge amount of experience in this world, so i'm
not entirely sure whether this is the correct forum for this request, or
even if this request is a sensible and normal one. I'd be hugely grateful
for any help or feed back on any these questions.

Thank you very much,

Keir