[LRUG] Testing SOAs

Stephen Best bestie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 08:40:57 PDT 2014

I've had numerous issues trying to use VCR for exactly this purpose and
would make the same recommendations as Mark.

The main problem I encountered was request matching. Requests that you
consider to be the same may not be matched due to subtle differences in
headers or parameter ordering. The converse is also true where you want it
to differentiate and it can't.

Looking at the docs it seems some of these issues may have been resolved
but architecturally it's just a bad idea being coupled to HTTP and relying
on complex testing libraries.

Bestie.

theaudaciouscodeexperiment.com
github.com/bestie