[LRUG] [JOBS] Guilty Pledgers

Benjamin Tomlinson benjamin at guiltypledgers.com
Wed Jun 25 10:56:02 PDT 2014

Hello,

We are looking for an individual or small company to partner with for the
development
of Guilty Pledgers <http://www.guiltypledgers.com/>.

Guilty Pledgers is a fundraising Spotify app (the world’s first) and was
recently covered in Wired
<http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-03/21/guilty-pledgers> and the
Guardian
<http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/04/guilty-pledgers-spotify-charity-app>
.

We are a not-for-profit, but we do have funds. We’re looking to find an
on-going relationship with developers who are as excited about this idea as
we are.

Guilty Pledgers comprises of a Spotify app and a web app. The client
(Spotify + guiltypledgers.com) is built in Coffeescript with the Backbone
framework. Stylesheets are SASS based, using the Compass framework. The app
can be run in the browser with Rack, or built for Spotify with a simple
Rake task.

The real-time aspect of the client uses web sockets (provided by Pusher),
and there are a range of other HTML5 features used (such as the file API
for the real-time image preview).
The API and Admin are a single Ruby and Rails app, using a MySQL database.
You will need to have advanced knowledge of MVC javascript, SASS and HTML5.
The Ruby elements are a lot more simple, so a team with limited Ruby
experience would still be able to pick this up.

If this interests you, please get in touch —> hello at guiltypledgers.com.
We’d love to meet you. Being based in London is preferable but not vital.

Thanks

Andy, Katy and Ben