[LRUG] Speeding up Cucumber

Jonathan del Strother maillist at steelskies.com
Fri Mar 14 06:03:37 PDT 2014

Are you using the RackTest driver, or Selenium?  RackTest is way
faster since it doesn't have to load up an actual browser, but
obviously won't suite everything.  If you're tied to using Selenium,
Chrome testing has recently gotten really good, and is a lot faster
than Firefox.  PhantomJS might also be worth a look, but when I tried
it a while back it seemed pretty rough.

That said, two minutes just to load a page does sounds pretty
excessive.  I'd stick copious amounts of logging all over the place &
tail test.log to see if you can spot anything weird happening.