[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby developers for our Ed Tech company.

Thomas riboulet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 00:56:15 PDT 2014

hello fellow Rubyists !

I introduced myself here a couple of weeks ago, and as the adventure
continues and get busier, I am now looking for more developers to join the
company.

Have a nice day,

How to apply : send resume, github account url, possible tech blog to
careers at showmyhomework.co.uk.
If you have any question you can contact me directly too.

Attention Recruiters

If you are a recruiter, please do not get in touch with us under any
circumstances. At this moment in time we are not interested in spending
anytime we have with recruiters. When our position changes, we will reach
out to the recruiters we are interested and interested in working with.
Failure to ignore this note will show the lack of attention to detail your
firm takes and will ruin the opportunity of us working together in the
future.

A bit about the company first :

Teachercentric Ltd is a fast growing technology company based in the heart
of London. Our flagship product, Show My Homework is an award winning
solution for tracking and monitoring homework. Homework has not changed for
over 100 years. We’ve seen interactive whiteboards come and go. We've been
accustomed to teaching policies unravel and yet homework in general has
stood still. Our journey has just begun and we are really excited about
transforming home learning. We are fortunate to have already worked with
thousands of teachers and students from all around the world and excited
about working with you.

About the product :

The product is a Rails 3.2.x application with MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis
and Memcached. The code base has a nice test suite that is maintained and
updated as part of the development process.

Why we recruit :

We are building a platform to support millions of teachers, students and
parents with homework on a global scale. In order to do that, we need
incredible people to join our team and play a meaningful role in developing
our technology and scaling our infrastructure.

Who we recruit :

We are looking for a mid level to senior Ruby developer with a solid
understanding of Ruby and Rails. There will be many technical challenges on
the backend of the product, as well as from the devops perspective
(SaltStack, cloud based infrastructure, CI services, …). Someone with a
diverse background is appreciated. We would expect you to be autonomous
(not waiting for a specific tasks list) and battle trained to some extent
(will not panic in crisis time). Having an understanding of how to relate
to customer needs would also be an advantage.

Positions are all London based. No remote application please!

Why you would be interested :

The company is young and the product is growing fast : there is a lot to do
in the upcoming year so a lot to bring to the table and work on. It’s a
great opportunity to join a team after the infancy stage, in the “teen”
years : the product works, is stable and a good growth is ongoing. Growth
problems, scalability, quality, monitoring, metrics are at the core of the
tasks to be taken care of.

The hard part of bringing the product to life is done, the hard part of
keeping it alive and make it work for millions of users is now upon us.
Expect to play a meaningful role on the design, architecture and building
of these next steps.

Work amenities

The company will provide you with whatever hardware you need, 20 days
working holiday, beers every friday, a great company culture and the
opportunity to be part of something that is going to make a meaningful
difference to millions of teachers, students and parents.

--
Thomas Riboulet