[LRUG] Startup Timeline

Matthew Rudy Jacobs matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 11:46:16 PST 2014

On 3 Mar 2014 18:35, <louisror at gmail.com> wrote:

> ‎I don't think the below time line would work today as it did in 2012
without an over reliance on contractors or something very special about the
start up..

I'm pretty sure I could take a similar idea from concept to "judgement" in
s similar timeframe right now.

It'd cost a bit though.

"Over reliance" is somewhat loaded, but it'd definitely involve a team of
mostly contractors. But what right does a startup have to employ
"permanent" employees if they haven't yet validated their business?

"A permanent job at an ephemeral business"

Once you've got a year's worth of runway, then you can start hiring
"permanent" staff. Probably at a 1:1 ratio with contractors.