[LRUG] [JOBS] London - Backend developer at Audioboo.fm

Jonathan del Strother maillist at steelskies.com
Tue Mar 4 10:20:04 PST 2014

Hello - I work at Audioboo, where we're looking for a an experienced
backend engineer for a major expansion programme.  Full job
description below - if you have any questions, you can direct them to
jon at audioboo.fm, or look me up on Twitter @jdelStrother.

-Jonathan
(PS - We're not looking for contact from recruiters right now, thanks)

Audioboo is a well established audio platform for major news
organisations, sports teams, broadcasters and audiobloggers worldwide.
With more than 2.3m registered users, over 1000 channels of pro
content, and 20 million listens a month, keeping on top of the sheer
volume of data and keeping our systems running smoothly is a serious
job.

Audioboo’s presence is based around a website (http://audioboo.fm),
the Audioboo app family, and an API which allows partners to integrate
items as needed.

Please note this is a heavily technical role - not a management or
front-end design role - and will be focused on:

- delivering excellent reliability and uptime, maintenance, and
improving daily operations
- expanding our capabilities based on management and application requirements
- delivering usage statistics and integrating statistics management systems
- supporting long-term objectives for ourselves and our major
commercial partners like the BBC, Guardian, Southern Cross Austereo
and dozens of other major broadcasters worldwide

**Required Skills/Experience**

- Ruby
- Linux administration
- MySQL administration and query optimization
- Storing & querying large amounts of stats
- Working with Amazon Web Services

**Desirable Skills/Experience**

- Network systems design and maintenance (server structure, load balancing, etc)
- System configuration management - eg Chef or Puppet
- SmartOS and/or Solaris administration
- Continuous integration & TDD
- Git
- Google Analytics API - custom coding will be required
- Payment systems (Stripe, SagePay)
- Microsoft Azure, particularly Blob Storage and server creation
- HTML5, Javascript, CSS3, HAML
- Flash

**Personal Profile**

You should be a dependable, self-starting individual prepared to take
on and own the safe and smooth running of the core structures.
You should be an excellent small-team player prepared to work together
with an expert CTO and the management team to enact rapid change and
expansion of the platform while keeping all core services running
smoothly and reliably.