[LRUG] Parsing text

Roland Swingler roland.swingler at gmail.com
Wed May 14 02:36:25 PDT 2014

I think your two examples are quite different - one is a formal language
which you could definitely use something like a parser to handle whereas
the other sounds a lot more messy - I'm not sure you're going to be able to
do better than hacky stringing together regexps in that case.

I did a presentation on treetop back in the dark days of LRUG 2009 if
you're interested:
http://www.slideshare.net/knaveofdiamonds/treetop-id-rather-have-one-problem?type=presentation-
also, have a look at parslet:
http://kschiess.github.io/parslet/ if you're interested in treetop -
parslet has a lot nicer error reporting, and the benefit of being real ruby
than odd sort-of-ruby.

Cheers,
Roland