[LRUG] [JOBS] looking for a part time / freelance ruby developer

Max Mallows max at 1roof.org
Mon May 19 06:33:28 PDT 2014

Hi LRUG,

We are in the process of looking for a part time / freelance ruby developer that will help us get our MVP out the door and hopefully continue to work with us as we grow. We are a start up called 1ROOF with the aim of making the challenge of finding a tradesman(carpenter, plumber, builder) far simpler. Our belief is that with a little bit of support in areas such as admin(building clear quotes, issuing invoices) and communication (having all text, plans, photos and receipts in one place) we can improve the relationship between client and trader. We want to build clean products that make life easy and remove clutter.

We need a Ruby on Rails developer with a minimum of 18 months experience. You must have good Javascript, Jquery, Ruby and Rails. You should practice TDD and have knowledge of rspec.

An understanding of Twitter Bootstrap is a bonus.
You will be working in conjunction with another developer to bring an MVP to market.
You should also have good HTML and CSS and have created sites that require user signup that involve backend encryption.
Any knowledge of integrations with payment platforms will also be a bonus.
Please send through you github profile and any sample sites you have done.

Good level of english is essential as is someone with a, "can do" attitude.

This is an exciting project that is just about about ready to go to market. We are keen to find someone with the right level of skills and enthusiasm. You should be keen to learn and be willing to pitch in with your ideas and be a good all rounder.

Please do get in touch with max at 1roof.org if you find this project interesting and think you would enjoy working with us.

1ROOF is an online marketplace and community for finding tradesmen. At 1ROOF we understand how difficult things can be, for clients and tradesmen alike.

At 1ROOF we understand how difficult things can be, for both clients trying to find suitable tradesmen and the tradesmen themselves trying to manage their work efficiently while looking for future jobs.

Thanks,

Max

Max Mallows - Co Founder
1roof.org
Skype: max.mallows  M: 07976973311
Under One Roof Ltd , 1-3 Federicks Place EC2R 8AE