[LRUG] Juniors

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Thu May 22 02:46:53 PDT 2014

On 22 May 2014 09:20, Andres <list.andres at gmail.com> wrote:

What do people think about a platform that would allow companies to post
> such work to CS undergrads/dev school alumni (verified)?

Great idea. I think there might be an issue with it being commercial work
if it's a final year project, so that might need figuring out.

In fact, I think this idea would get even more powerful if it were to
involve the students in open source projects at the same time. "I want an
open source gem/app that does this" might be more useful than "I want a
product that I can sell", and exposes them to a much richer community and
skill set. I'd be happy to supply a couple of dozen ideas in that vein -
there's a lot of tools I wish existed that wouldn't take more than a few
months to produce, but alas, the days are long and the years are short...