[LRUG] Juniors

Evgeny Shadchnev evgeny.shadchnev at gmail.com
Thu May 22 08:32:36 PDT 2014

Hello George,

I can't comment on GA but at Makers Academy (a 12 week course) we're
learned how to help great beginners achieve the level necessary to get a
job at companies like 8th Light (our grad got an offer today), New Bamboo,
Pivotal Labs, Springer and the like. I'll be very happy to show you (or
anyone else) around Makers Academy and tell you how it's possible if you've
got an hour to spare. We aren't perfect and it doesn't always work out, but
the vast majority of our makers are happy with the skills and the jobs they
acquire and would recommend the course to a friend.

There's a lot of room for improvement, of course. Tech education is
fundamentally broken right now and we, as an industry, have just started
learning how programming should be taught.

As I've said, if you would like to learn about what we do and how we do it,
I'll be more than happy to show you around and invite you for a lunch.

Best regards,
Evgeny Shadchnev
Co-founder and CEO at Makers Academy
http://www.twitter.com/shadchnev