[LRUG] Juniors

Michael Pavling pavling at gmail.com
Wed May 21 10:04:14 PDT 2014

On 21 May 2014 15:57, Louis Goff-Beardsley <louisror at gmail.com> wrote:

>  the developers [boot camps] produce are often not immediately employable.

I can't speak for others (other 'boot camps' that is), but my experience
teaching at General Assembly (as a contractor... so I have no corporate axe
to grind) is absolutely antithetical of that - as is the employment stats
of the grads from the WDI courses that have run over the last year, and the
attitude of employers that attend the recruitment 'meet-and-greets' that
run at the end of each course.

>From what I hear of other providers' courses though, the stories are very
similar, so I'd be interested to find out what you're basing that assertion
on. What sorts of things do you feel the graduates you meet are often
lacking that causes them to not be immediately employable? (since the
curriculum of the courses are generally based on the premise that they
should be... and if we're missing anything, it would be nice to know)