[LRUG] Invitation to Hack-ney-thon 2014

Caroline Heron heron.caroline at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 07:46:25 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'm writing to invite you to a hack weekend we (MiniBar London) are running
on behalf of Hackney Council on 15&16 November at the newly opened Trampery
Old Street. We are working closely with council staff to release some data
via GitHub in advance and on the day we will have some APIs and tools from
tech partners Mongo DB and Twilio. It's shaping up to be a really fun and
interesting event and it would be great to see some of you there.

More info below and here's the link to RSVP:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hack-ney-thon-24-hours-to-hack-for-hackney-tickets-13752641521

Very best
Caroline

Hack-ney-thon
24 Hours To Hack For Hackney

**Call for participation and ideas**

15 November & 16 November
The Trampery Old Street, home of the Publicis Drugstore

On behalf of Hackney Council, MiniBarLabs invite you to take part in a
special hackathon and be in with the chance to be crowed the 'Hackney
Hacker'.

The borough is the proud home of much celebrated tech talent and so we are
reaching out to you – tech start up, software developer, or tinkerer - for
creative and innovative ideas, hacks and software solutions.

You’ve got 24 hours! To set you up we will provide access to partner APIs
and tech platforms as well as council datasets that will be available via
Github.

We invite suggestions on how you think council services and borough life
could be improved. Please send any ideas you have to hello [at]
minibarlabs.com. We will look through all the ideas and get back in touch
so we can form teams and structure the 24hours as best we can.

Ideas can range from council processes to the use of data, the overall
design and usability of the council’s website, or other hacks that make our
lives in Hackney better.

To get you started have a look at a few ideas
<http://minibarlabs.com/hack-ney-thon-24-hours-to-hack-the-council-better/%20>
that
the council has come up with.

The council is committed to adopt working solutions, to commission, or to
promote them.

To register for the event RSVP and if you have specific ideas and proposals
please send them to hello [at] MiniBarLabs.com

RSVP:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hack-ney-thon-24-hours-to-hack-for-hackney-tickets-13752641521

Delivery Partners: Publicis Drugstore, Poke, The Trampery Old Street
Tech Partners: Twilio, Mongo DB (More TBC)
Outreach Partners: TechCity UK (More TBC)

--

Caroline Heron
Event Co-ordinator

*MiniBarLabs*w: http://minibarlabs.com/