[LRUG] [JOBS] Permanent Developer needed for Smart Pension

Sam Barton sam.barton at smartpension.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 09:05:07 PST 2014

We’re an experienced team with a new (clean) project that has a clear
roadmap and 100% test coverage.

*About the business*
The government have introduced big changes to the way you (UK earners) will
get your state pension, the idea being to replace the state pension with a
workplace pension, one that you pay into along with your employer. The
process is called Auto Enrolment and requires many small businesses getting
their head around a complex set of rules. The end result is that business
are missing their dates, dates which the government can impose fines for
missing. Existing companies can take two weeks to turn around the
application form before the business can begin enrolling their employees.

*Smart Pension*
Our aim is to help small business with a web only solution. Our application
process takes 90 seconds to complete and can be done on a mobile phone. Our
back end applications work with contemporary APIs needed for collecting
company data, validating passports or digitally signing documents for
example.

The governments own Department for Business Innovation and Skills is just
as excited
<https://twitter.com/Dan2Mac/status/535780795588575232?cn=ZmF2b3JpdGVfbWVudGlvbmVkX3VzZXI%3D&refsrc=email>
as we are to get our product in front of businesses.

We will be live in January and we hope you can help us launch.

We want to add another permanent application developer to the team based in
West London. Ideally you would have:

Minimum 2 Years experience with RoR.
Be familiar with APIs and enjoy going on the occasional Gem hunt.
We're based in West London and you would ideally work in our office but we
can be flexible.
We are a fun team and enjoy a team spirit so we are looking for someone to
join in.

*Some of the usual suspects you'd need to be familiar with:*
Ruby 2.1
Rails 4.2.*
Rspec 3 with capybara
Amazon AWS: Elasctic beanstalk, RDS, Elastic cache
CodeShip
GitHub

*More info?*
There are a few videos outlining the process on here:
https://www.autoenrolment.co.uk (NB we're not live yet hence the coming
soon page).

A bit of fun we had put together:
https://www.autoenrolment.co.uk/pension-calculator

If you're interested in the above please give me a shout on this email
address.

--

Sam Barton

Smart Pension
fast secure *free*

*www.autoenrolment.co.uk <https://www.autoenrolment.co.uk/>*

--

*This email and any attachments to it are confidential, may be privileged,
and are solely for the use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorised

*If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please inform the
sender and delete this message and any attachments from your system. It is
the addressee’s responsibility to ensure this email and any attachments are
virus free.*

*Smart Pension Limited  *

*Registered in England and Wales under company number: 09026697*

*Registered Office: 23 Cassiobury Park Avenue, Watford, Herts, WD18 7LA,
United Kingdom*

*VAT Number: 198 8874 16*