[LRUG] Though on CMSs

Ed Lepedus ed.lepedus at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 3 12:40:23 PST 2014

Evening LRUG,

As the title suggests, I was wondering what your thoughts were regarding CMSs, and on content management strategies in general. Having spent some time with Wordpress and Drupal in the past, I find myself somewhat prejudiced against them.

However, if you have a site, you must have some system for managing its content, so it becomes a debate about using existing solutions vs rolling your own. The main things I'd like to know are:

Do you use a CMS?
Is it custom built or off-the-shelf?
Do you use the same CMS for many projects, or are they project-specific?
If you do use publicly-available CMSs, which ones, and would you recommend them?
Any other comments/experiences etc
Thanks,
Ed Lepedus