[LRUG] [JOBS] OnApp looking for two mid level full time RoR Devs (Cloud.net)

Carlos Rego carlos at onapp.com
Mon Nov 24 05:33:41 PST 2014

OnApp is the developer of the OnApp “Cloud Engine”, our software is used by providers worldwide to sell cloud services to compete with the likes of AWS/Rackspace, etc.

We are looking for two mid/senior level Ruby/Rails developers for our Vision team, this is the team that develops the new “cool” features of OnApp, it’s task is to work on either prototypes or complete features of ideas to ensure the OnApp software continues to be on the forefront of innovation, this is the department that nurtures creativity and thinking outside the box !

This team current task is to work on Cloud.net <http://cloud.net/>, the marketplace for cloud, think of it as AirBnB or Kayak for cloud infrastructure.

Below is the cookie cutter job posting, but please contact me for additional information, if you like pushing the envelope and working with the future of cloud technology, this is the place :)

-------

RUBY ON RAILS SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Location: London (E1)

What are we building right now?

We're unifying over 2000 OnApp powered clouds into a single and easy to use marketplace.

We're looking for smart people to help develop the frontend and backend systems to run this operation. We're in a unique position where we have our own software powering all these cloud providers and the ability to compete against big providers such as Amazon Web Services and Rackspace.

Requirements:

	• Experience developing full-stack Ruby on Rails web applications with good practices (any open source projects demonstrating experience would be a big plus)
	• Experience with Testing in Rails (preferably RSpec)
	• Experience with Postgres
	• Comfortable in a Linux environment
	• Use of version control systems (Git)
	• Ability to set up and manage server systems running apps in production
	• Be passionate about where to take the product
Nice-to-haves:

	• Knowledge and experience of OnApp's systems and APIs
	• Understanding of security practices
	• Experience working with a distributed team
	• Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering

Cheers,

Carlos Rego | CVO | OnApp | www.onapp.com <http://www.onapp.com/>
M: +44(0)77 3444 5666 | T: +44(0)20 3004 9686 | E: carlos at onapp.com <mailto:carlos at onapp.com>