[LRUG] EventBus and EventLogs

Klaus Hebsgaard klaus at hebsgaard.dk
Mon Oct 27 01:50:24 PDT 2014

Hi

I don't know if you remember me, but some time ago I asked about event bus
and you thoughts about it.

I went ahead and implemented event bus, and it has been great.

I wanted to tell you about a side effect of having event bus in the app:

The business wanted some business metrics (big surprise), and it turned out
that gathering these metrics was pretty simple, with the new architecture
leveraging event bus.

Since business events was already floating around in the event bus, all I
had to do was catch them and add them to the database.

I wrote a blog post about it:

http://www.khebbie.dk/eventbus-in-a-sinatra-app/

Med Venlig hilsen / Best regards

Klaus Hebsgaard