[LRUG] Rails / Web outsourcing

Matthew O'Riordan matthew.oriordan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 04:46:23 PDT 2014

Hi all

I have a Rails website we've been developing for some time with a partner in Hong Kong, however they are now unable to finish the project due to their workload.

Whilst the distance has not been an issue to date, I think the time zone gap has been a bit problematic. As such, I am now considering using a Ruby/Rails development team / agency somewhere in Europe to both finish and continue to maintain the website.  Clearly there are cost advantages doing this work outside of the UK and I'd like to explore that whilst I still have the time to do so. I have outsourced project work numerous times for other technology stacks and I have had mixed results, with some great successes and some unfortunate Dodos.

Have any of you LRUGers worked with any Rails teams outside of the UK and in Europe that you could recommend? To be clear, I am not willing to compromise quality for cost, so am only looking for capable developers.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards,
Matthew

http://linkedin.com/in/lemon