[LRUG] [JOBS] GOV.UK and Government Digital Service seeking permanent and contract developers

Bradley Wright brad at intranation.com
Wed Sep 17 12:14:30 PDT 2014

Hi LRUG,

The Government Digital Service, who run the award-winning GOV.UK (mostly written in Ruby on Rails), are looking for up to 8 developers to join us full-time to work on a range of products. We’re also looking for contract Rails developers to work on GOV.UK specifically.

We work in small multi-disciplinary agile teams of up to 6 developers plus product owners, scrum masters, designers, user researchers and content designers. We release multiple times per day[0]. We code in the open[1].

[0] - https://gdstechnology.blog.gov.uk/2014/09/10/releasing-applications-to-gov-uk/
[1] - https://gds.blog.gov.uk/2012/10/12/coding-in-the-open/

As we’re the Civil Service we can’t offer much in the way of startup-grade perks other than very friendly hours; a great pension plan; and the opportunity to work on hard problems with people who care - the output of which can affect people across the UK’s lives for the better.

The formal job application is here:

https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1427015

and if you want to apply, it’s helpful to read the guide we wrote to help people through the civil service process:

https://gdstechnology.blog.gov.uk/2013/12/24/applying-for-a-job-at-gds/

Alternatively if you’re interested in a contract role please send your CV and interest to:

contracting at digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk

I’m the technical architect for GOV.UK, so if you have any questions about the roles please let me know.

Brad Wright