[LRUG] Good sites for publishing startup jobs

Eric Theise erictheise at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 12:29:36 PDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Andrew Philp <andrew at state.com> wrote:
> +1 on Zoltans recommendation of AngelList

I'd caution job seekers to allow extra time to clean up the mess
AngelList makes when ingesting a resume. In my case, if its parser
couldn't find a company I worked for--stealth startups being more
likely than others to be absent from a database of companies--it
picked the closest match and assigned it to my work history. Worse, it
automatically had me "follow" every place I ever worked, including the
false positives in my now fictitious career path.

It wasn't a concern in my case, but do you really want to alert your
current company that you're following them from a job search site?

They also make you write about "your most impressive achievement"
before they'll publicly list your profile.

I ended up applying directly to the company I was interested in.

Eric