[LRUG] Recomended Ruby Books

Spencer Turner hello at spencerturner.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 13:36:01 PDT 2014

Hi All

There are so many good books, but my number one favourite is
'The Ruby Way' - Hal Fulton

Others that stand out, as memorable are
POODR - Sandi Metz from an OO as many people have mentioned

I didn't see anyone mention Practical Ruby for System Administration
- André Ben Hamou - but I found that a good read as well.

hth
Spencer

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Don Werve <don at werve.net> wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2014, at 18:04 , David Burrows <david at designsuperbuild.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby is amazing, so read it a few
> times!
>
> That's an excellent book. I give out copies whenever I start working with
> a new team — it’s that good.
>
> Although not Ruby-specific, I want to throw in “SQL for Smarties”. Most of
> us do at least spend *some* time working with SQL databases, and this book
> took me from “can write simple queries” to “understands the deep magics of
> the database gnomes”.

mobile: 07802 443407
email: hello at spencerturner.co.uk
skype: spencerturner