[LRUG] Software engineer in SF looking for work in London

Alan Buxton alanbuxton at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 01:39:56 PDT 2014

Hi

For the sake of completeness: my previous company did sponsor a visa so we
could bring someone that we wanted to the UK.  We used a 3rd party company
to do all the legal process which did cost a few thousand (about 3k IIRC).
This made life a lot easier.

But the other thing to note is that as startup you are now in the sights of
the UKBA and so have to now implement the kinds of hr policies that you
would associate with larger companies (e.g. keeping track of everyone's
passport details so you can prove that they are allowed to work in the UK).
Not an insurmountable job but it's just one more of those compliance
activities that startups tend to not be so good at :)

Do drop me a mail off list of you want to talk to the visa company that we
used and i'll put you in touch.