[LRUG] Feet up/hands off/phone off managed hosting/peace of mind

Tim Harding tim.harding at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 02:59:31 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'd like to turn my phone off at night, safe in the knowledge that unless
we've deployed a pile of crap then anything that goes wrong with our Rails
sites will be sorted out quickly and sensibly before I get a knock at the
door letting me know that I really should be awake now.

I'm happy to pay for that service.

Does anyone have good experiences with this type of managed hosting?

Engine Yard?
Rackspace?
Any one else?

Basically I'd like a 24/7 support desk that gets the equivalent of the
Pingdom alerts that from time to time wake me up and who restart Apache or
MySQL within a few minutes like I would.

Could be a third party service company that works with servers hosted
elsewhere too but I sort of imagine it would be a PaaS type operation w/ a
good support service.

Thanks,

-Tim