[LRUG] Face detection APIs

Josh McMillan josh at joshmcmillan.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 06:59:12 PDT 2015

Hi Benji,

I’ve used OpenCV with the Viola-Jones algorithm with some degree of success in the past.

There’s some bindings to OpenCV for Ruby available: https://github.com/ruby-opencv/ruby-opencv. The README includes an example of doing face detection. It’s not the most reliable mechanism, but with some tweaking you can get it to acceptable level of accuracy.

HTH

Cheers,
Josh