[LRUG] Face detection APIs

Benji Lanyado benjilanyado at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 06:50:24 PDT 2015

Hello all,

We're doing some fiddling with face detection APIs, and were wondering if
any of you had any strong feelings on APIs to choose or avoid?

Things we're interested in:

• Option for straight up face *detection *[bool - "there's a face in that
image!"], rather than full-fat face recognition ["that's Mary!"], or
analysis ["Mary is happy!"]. We're only interested in detection.

• Value for money.

• Ease of integration, documentation, and reliability.

Any experiences with an API, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Benji Lanyado
Founder, Picfair.com
@benjilanyado <https://twitter.com/benjilanyado>