[LRUG] [JOBS] Great Ruby developer job opportunity with growing, VC-backed start-up

Vish Vishvanath vish.vishvanath at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:55:07 PST 2015

Anger is an appropriate response to racism, especially after a horrific post from some management consultants from Dubai - which is loaded with meaning - but shouldn't be confused with hatred. The responses to the responses certainly made me more angry than the original post, in that the support didn't materialise and the efforts were towards silencing the participants rather than address the issue. There's plenty of support against sexism in the community, and the stories are pretty well-known. Perhaps the stories around racism aren't as well-documented, or happened a long time ago, or just aren't as outrageous any more. I was pretty disappointed by both LRUGers and my own colleagues in turning their focus onto the offended rather than the offenders.

vv