[LRUG] Field definitions in AR models

Rory Sinclair rory at asmallworld.net
Wed Feb 25 09:28:48 PST 2015

Enrique Riepenhausen did a really good talk on this subject at Scottish Ruby Conf in 2011.  He touched on this quite a bit, as well as the mindset we tend to get into 'translating' our customers language into CRUD operations we can do on AR objects, which is, he argues, a bit too low-level and not really modelling the domain at all.  It certainly stuck with me since, and i've tried to apply it to stuff I build (though i'm not dealing with AR directly every day these days).

Here's the link, but unf. the video doesn't seem to be working at the moment, and I couldn't find a working one... :(

http://confreaks.tv/videos/scotlandruby2011-don-t-build-another-tower-of-babel

--
Rory Sinclair
Head of Technology