[LRUG] Any nonprofits need a volunteer team to build them a Web App

Samuel Joseph tansaku at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 00:04:16 PST 2015

Hi LRUGers,

Just wanted to say thanks again for passing on our non-profit/charity
form.  Several charities came and pitched IT projects in person at a
joint MakersAcademy/AgileVentures Charity Jamboree.  Hastily recorded
video of that event at the link below. I was impressed with the well
articulated projects from each of the organisations that attended:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9slrwCFajgU

Two charities got selected by teams of Makers students and those
students have been working closely with those charities over the last
two weeks as part of their Makers Academy final projects.  The results
of their work will be presented at the Makers Academy graduation this
Friday if anyone is interested:

http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/makers-academy-open-day-and-graduation-tickets-15175598624

We're planning to hold a similar charity jamboree every 6 weeks so that
Makers students continue to get experience working with real customers
as part of their bootcamp experience.

The next one will be on Wednesday Feb 18th, and any charity group
interested in signing up can use the same form as before:

http://bit.ly/AgileVenturesNonProfitSignup

Agile Venturers from around the world continue to collaborate via remote
pair programming on a number of charity projects and if you're
interested in contributing please sign up at http://agileventures.org

Also, if anyone can tell me which charity/non-profit email lists my
earlier email got forwarded to I can post directly there when searching
for charities in need of IT solutions rather than bothering LRUG members
in future.

Many thanks in advance
CHEERS> SAM