[LRUG] Backing up Postgres

Tim Cowlishaw tim at timcowlishaw.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 01:59:21 PST 2015

Aha, sorry - didn't read your message closely enough! In that case,
you might get some mileage out of backing up the posgres data dir at
the filesystem level periodically, and duplicating the write-ahead log
to replay any transactions since the last FS backup? This approach is
described here, I'm afraid I can't claim to have any first-hand
experience of it though:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/continuous-archiving.html