[LRUG] All New! All Singing! All Dancing! LRUG.ORG

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Thu Jan 29 02:01:30 PST 2015

Hi all,

Hopefully you won’t notice any difference but we’ve just shipped a new
version of http://lrug.org/.  The old site was a radiant[1] install and
over the past few months we’ve been extracting the content and turning it
into a static site using middleman[2].

The main benefit of this is that the entire site is now text in a git
repo[3] rather than strings hidden in a db on the host.  This should open
up the possibility of more people working on the site and if nothing else I
expect you all to submit pull-requests to fix all the typos I inadvertently
ad when writig up the mettingz.

If you’re super-keen to help out there are a bunch of issues[4] that could
do with your attention.  If you have any other ideas for the site then open
a PR or issue and we can start to talk about it.

We’ve made some effort to make sure that we have redirects in place for old
urls.  If you have any bookmarks, rss subscriptions, or other links that
point to something on http://lrug.org/ please check them out and let us
know if anything is broken (bonus points if you do so as a PR with a change
to our redirects.json[5] file).

Thanks to Tom Stuart, David Burrows, Greg Molnar, and Andrew McDonough for
getting involved and helping push this out.

Cheers,

Murray

[1]: http://radiantcms.org/
[2]: https://middlemanapp.com/