[LRUG] Comparable Null Objects

Mark Coleman m at rkcoleman.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 08:51:39 PDT 2015

I think null objects are good for solving your initial problem, but that's
as far as it goes.

How about creating your own class for representing dates, HelpfulDate, that
can either be constructed from a Date or a NoExpectedDate. It delegates
behaviour to these classes for everything except <=>.
Your Event class then contains only HelpfulDates that always know how to
compare eachother.