[LRUG] Form objects is Ruby

Kasper Grubbe kawsper at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 03:09:46 PDT 2015

One of the purest forms of this that I have found is the "Password-change"
use case. Because it deals with virtual fields as well. So lets say you
have a User-model, and that model have a password-field that needs to be
changed.

The database would look like this:

User
  id
  username
  password

But what the user most often is presented with is these fields:

Current password
New password
New password confirmation

So you have a case where the interface doesn't match the structure of your
database.

It is quite easy to create these things in Rails with ActiveModel, but
Virtus is cool too. Here is my code for the model (Uses ActiveModel):
 https://gist.github.com/kaspergrubbe/43bf53850df44db41717

--
Kasper Grubbe

Phone: (+45) 42 42 42 74 or (+44) 77 07 12 17 81
Skype: kasper.grubbe
Mail: kaspergrubbe at gmail.com
Web: http://kaspergrubbe.dk