[LRUG] Converting from the dark side

Alex Reis alex at alexmreis.com
Wed Jun 3 00:47:10 PDT 2015

+1 for Eloquent Ruby. Ruby syntax is easy to grasp, it's getting the "Ruby
way" under your fingers that is the real challenge.

You might want to grab "The Rails Way" as well to get to know the framework
better. I don't know if it's been revised for Rails 4, but even if it
isn't, just knowing what is possible to do with the framework and what is
the "conventional" way of doing things goes a long way and the core APIs
haven't changed much.

Alex