[LRUG] [COURSES] Concurrency in Ruby - Two Day Workshops

Ben Lovell benjamin.lovell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 07:01:35 PDT 2015

Hey all,

I'm holding Concurrency in Ruby workshops across several dates, in
partnership with WeGotCoders. They'll be held at the luxury WGC retreat
just a few moments away from London.

TL;DR: http://wegotcoders.com/concurrency-in-ruby

While attending the workshop you can expect to:

Day One:

* Learn about concurrency and parallelism
* Study and apply both process and thread-based concurrency
* Study and apply truly parallel thread-based Ruby interpreters
* Gain a grounding in some of the more popular and significant concurrency
patterns

Day Two:

* Explore the Actor Model of concurrency in Ruby and Celluloid
* Learn how Sidekiq leverages Celluloid's concurrency primitives
* Apply asynchronous IO techniques in everyday Ruby

Who should attend?

Any practicing Rubyist with an interest or curiosity in applying
concurrency and parallelism! You'll walk away with the fundamental skills
and knowledge to apply these techniques in your everyday Ruby code. I'm
sure there's something here for everyone, but for now we are aiming this at
mostly beginner to intermediate folks.

I'll be along tonight so if anyone has any questions or considerations I'll
gladly buy you a pint and discuss.

Let's make the most of those idle cores!

Cheers,
Ben