[LRUG] [JOBS] DevOps Support Engineer - Engine Yard

Paul Tingle ptingle at engineyard.com
Thu Jun 25 07:56:06 PDT 2015

Engine Yard are looking to expand our EU support team, and are looking for
candidates to join us on our fantastic support team, supporting customers
on our leading PaaS. The role is remote, so geographic location is
irrelevant, the main requirements are to be knowledgable and professional
in dealing with customers.

If you are interested or have any questions please just get in touch.

Thanks,

Paul.

Full job description (from https://www.engineyard.com/company/careers):

DevOps Support Engineer - EU (Remote)

Technical Support | Remote EU

The Engine Yard Services & Support team is responsible for assisting the
ever growing number of Engine Yard customers with expert advice on
deploying, managing and scaling Ruby on Rails or PHP applications. Our
customers, which include some of the largest Rails and PHP sites on the
web, expect timely, knowledgeable, thorough, double-checked,
well-researched and accurate responses and service.

Requirements:

   - You have experience building and deploying Ruby on Rails or PHP
   Applications.
   - You are familiar and have experience with a majority of technologies
   in our stack:
   https://support.cloud.engineyard.com/hc/en-us/articles/205408398-Engine-Yard-Gentoo-12-11-Technology-Stack
   - You are detail-oriented and have excellent verbal and written
   communication skills.
   - You are a troubleshooter at heart and enjoy diving in the deep end,
   figuring things out, and solving problems.
   - Linux skills. You will spend a large part of your day over ssh to our
   slices and servers. You must be at home on the command line.
   - Ability to work remotely 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (GMT) and some weekends.

Skills/Experience:

   - You have deployed and managed high-volume Ruby on Rails or PHP
   applications.
   - You have existing expert knowledge of at least a handful of our stack
   technologies:
   https://support.cloud.engineyard.com/hc/en-us/articles/205408398-Engine-Yard-Gentoo-12-11-Technology-Stack
   - Basic knowledge of DNS, CDN, load balancing, firewalls, VPNs, SMTP,
   SSL, etc. — all the things that make the web work.
   - Interested in Deis and containers
   - You are able to multitask and prioritize multiple incoming requests
   without freaking out and/or dropping one of the balls.
   - You consider yourself well rounded, enjoy learning new things, and can
   pursue answers/ solutions on your own.
   - You are ready to step up your skill set and work with some of the
   brightest minds in Ruby and Rails and PHP.
   - Experience matters as you will be expected to aid expert developers.
   That being said, the ability to learn, adapt and to communicate well are
   the top requirements of the job.

--
*Paul Tingle* | EU Application Support Team Lead
[image: Inline image 1]