[LRUG] [JOBS] Junior Ruby Dev (Advice?)

amscott at openmailbox.org amscott at openmailbox.org
Thu Jun 18 14:33:38 PDT 2015

Dear LRUG,

A few months ago I posted here looking for job postings for a Junior
developer role. As a result of the replies, I ended up having a few
interviews with a few good companies, who liked me, thought I had
potential, but were dissuaded by my lack of commercial experience.

Those companies told me reapply in due course once I had the
prerequisite experience. Having worked on a startup of my own, and
having an 80 hour a week work ethic, I felt obviously that I would be
able to make up the shortfall caused by this.

Basically what I'm asking is are there any roles for people without
commercial experience, but who are prepared to put the work in? My
Github shows that I am industrious and don't necessarily need my hand
held to the same extent as others. Any advice on this front would be
much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andrew