[LRUG] [JOBS] Full Stack Web Developer at Magnetic

Stephen Henderson stephen at magnetic.com
Mon Jun 22 10:37:17 PDT 2015

Original poster here. I'm first to admit I'm not the best at writing job
specs :) We've tried lots of different approaches (ultra concise, ultra
verbose, high-level, low-level tech focused, etc.) but it's a tricky art.
All feedback is welcome.

I tried to base this one on the advice from the recent thread on this group
about writing job specs (which is a good read for anyone who missed it):
http://lists.lrug.org/pipermail/chat-lrug.org/2015-May/010929.html

Some clarifications:

   - This is a *permanent* role, I'm afraid we're not taking on contractors
   right now.

   - Salary would be based on experience and how we find the market. This
   is our first London opening for six months and we're still trying to work
   out how the market has changed. Last time we had an opening we were
   targeting roughly 50-80k for someone with 3+ years professional experience.

   - The interview process - this role will involve a lot of collaboration
   with our New York office over hangouts/slack etc. We need to make sure
   candidates are fully aware of this and that they're comfortable and
   understandable communicating over video chat. We make it a dedicated part
   of the interview process because of this.

Regards,
Stephen
(Engineering Manager, Magnetic London)