[LRUG] [JOBS] Dev lead at Specle

Andrew White andrew.white at unboxedconsulting.com
Wed Mar 11 08:39:10 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

We are trying to help one of our customers fill a role and I thought
some of you might be interested.

Andrew White
CTO, Unboxed Consulting

--

Is this you?

You are an open-source contributor, a technical architect with a
commercial awareness gifted with an ability to deliver quality digital
solutions in a timeous manner. The way you do this is by providing
your team with a clear definition of technical decisions so that all
team members understand the goals - regardless of their individual
ability. You also love to wade into the codebase!

In your next role you want to make decisions regarding future
architecture and are interested in the challenges of developing
solutions accessed across multiple platforms. You do not mind creating
reports for business stakeholders and are interested in bringing out
the best in people through considered mentoring. It is important for
you to get on with the people you work with so that you know when you
spot a good candidate to join the group.

Does tackling this problem excite you?

Specle is a non-traditional ad technology company based in Oxford
Circus that services the publishing market. http://specle.net/ is
quite a complex web application used by over 1000 companies per month
to deliver a large percentage of the UK’s national press and magazine
advertising. Notable clients that Specle have exclusivity in provision
of combined print, mobile and tablet advertising portals for include
Condé Nast UK, Net-a-Porter and The Economist.

The organisation is growing at an exciting pace and the CEO and
Product Manager are finding it increasingly difficult to provide
technical direction to the team They are looking for a personable,
commercially-aware senior developer to make decisions regarding the
re-architecture of Specle’s system to enable expansion into global
markets.

And now?

You need to take the next step by sending your CV and your GitHub
username to claire at ubxd.com. She would like to hear a funny story too
but if you can’t think of one off hand just let Claire know what you
like to do when you are not coding.