[LRUG] [JOBS] [available] Cross-functional agile project manager / product owner / UX designer

Mark van Harmelen mark at hedtek.com
Tue May 12 04:16:33 PDT 2015

Hi LRUG

A bit off topic but hopefully useful to the group, given long-term
experience of working with Rubyists.

Previously Manchester based, I'm looking for London-based work or remote
work, permanent, contact or short-term consultancy.

*Ruby experience*

Seven years experience in a small Rubyist software house, working closely
with agilists as a

   - agile project manager,
   - (surrogate) product owner,
   - business analyst and
   - UX/UI designer.

Full system development lifecycle experience from inception to production
(e.g. during that time I've been responsible for the ongoing delivery of
three production services).

I've also done some interesting agile coaching, particularly Scrum, though
we moved on to use Kanban.

*Background / general*

I have a very broad and diverse background that includes

   - hardware development,
   - a high-level government role in the use of IT / ICT for socio-economic
   development,
   - a large business/software methods audit success (saved the client
   $100M),
   - academic research in software and UX design methods,
   - Smalltalk development, and
   - more recently a bit of hobbyist Rails for fun (but I don't claim to be
   a professional Ruby developer).

Having put a wack of cash into product development for a Rails and
CoffeeScript product we spun off, I'm very keen to find work at the moment,
from a day's consultancy to 3-6 month contracts, or a permanent role.

Please contact me to discuss further. At the moment I'm back and forward
between Manchester and London, but in London for the next few days.

Thanks,

Mark van Harmelen
07830 212 464