[LRUG] Multiple Rails apps sharing common UI

Stuart Harrison pezholio at gmail.com
Tue May 19 02:21:21 PDT 2015

Might also be worth looking at Slimmer, built by GDS https://github.com/alphagov/slimmer

It’s a bit of Rack middleware that allows you to apply a standard header and footer, served from a different host. For example, the header and footer for http://theodi.org/ is served via http://static.theodi.org/templates/www.html.erb - we probably don’t use it to the best of its ability, but it sounds like it would suit your needs perfectly. Our static app is a rails app, but it could just as easily be a simple sinatra app, or even just static HTML.

--
Stuart Harrison
Sent with Airmail