[LRUG] Running a business, and outsourcing non-coding tasks to others

Ian Moss hello at ianmoss.com
Wed May 27 04:13:53 PDT 2015

Hi Asfand,

My advice would be to approach some consultants, and see if they're
already paying for such a service, and if they'd be willing to pay for
your proposition. Perhaps they'll even give you a future order, then you
really know you've got something.

Customer Development is something I've yet to master, or even do OK at.
It always seems to be the elephant in the room at every ideas stage /
pre-market fit startup I've dealt with. The Mum Test is a great read on
it. Rob, the author, also has a great set of resources at:
http://thestartuptoolkit.com/blog/series-and-topics/

Hth,

Ian

----- Original message ----- From: "Conor O'Dwyer"
<conorjohn.odwyer at gmail.com> To: London Ruby Users Group
<chat at lists.lrug.org> Subject: Re: [LRUG] Running a business, and
outsourcing non-coding tasks to others Date: Wed, 27 May 2015
03:49:28 +0100

Hi Asfand,

Its a good idea but its been done by WebMD, BabylonHealth........and
many others.

Regards

Conor

On 27 May 2015 at 03:31, Asfand Yar Qazi <ayqazi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> Sorry for the lateness of my reply.

> The idea is a site/app combo for consultants in a well-being industry
> sector to help them communicate with their patients more effectively.

> So I guess the answer is probably still a no?

Thanks

> Regards,

Asfand Yar Qazi

> On 25 May 2015 15:45, "Najaf Ali" <ali at happybearsoftware.com> wrote:
>> Hi Asfand,
>>
>> Can you give us a bit more information about your business? If all
>> you want to do is drop ship Hello Kitty iPhone cases then the answer
>> is effectively yes. If you want to disrupt the way enterprise IT
>> departments work with software development vendors then the answer is
>> probably no.
>>
>> -Ali
>>
>> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 1:59 AM, Asfand Yar Qazi
>> <ayqazi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,

I was wondering if any the people here running their own businesses

have outsourced some business activities to other companies? I've been

considering getting others to do things like:

* Market research - is my idea actually going to be used? Will it

actually generate income?

* Sales, marketing and promotion - telling people about the business

* Customer service - dealing with annoying customers

Is it feasible to do this? Thanks!

Regards,

Asfand Yar Qazi

http://lists.lrug.org/options.cgi/chat-lrug.org