[LRUG] Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)

Garry Shutler garry at robustsoftware.co.uk
Fri May 29 03:31:20 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm looking into moving our messaging from Resque to SQS
<http://aws.amazon.com/sqs/>.

I'm looking at using Shoryuken <https://github.com/phstc/shoryuken> as it
seems to be the most mature gem, follows the patterns of Sidekiq, and
supports ActiveJob which means we'll be able to switch in Resque/Sidekiq
for development as there's no way to run SQS locally.

Do any of you have any "from the trenches" experience you can share around
SQS and/or Shoryuken? In particular I've not found much useful stuff on
monitoring and administering the queues themselves.

Thanks in advance,
Garry

*Garry Shutler*
@gshutler <http://twitter.com/gshutler>