[LRUG] resolving JS dependencies on deploy

Mark Burns markthedeveloper at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 08:13:21 PST 2015

> onerous npm-derived asset preprocessing

I'm curious about this statement.
Is it that you are loathe to have to put in the groundwork now for little
benefit or that the asset pipeline is less onerous?

IMHO the tooling around the node ecosystem feels a lot more modern and
suited to the task than the cludgy asset pipeline.
Things like webpack, ES6, requirejs etc are fantastic for modern js
development.

Admittedly an upfront cost in tearing down everything if you only have a
little js. But then again easier and cheaper to do well earlier on.