[LRUG] [JOBS] Lead Engineer - Streetbees

Oliver May oli at streetbees.com
Tue Nov 24 04:52:26 PST 2015

Hi LRUG

Streetbees <http://www.streetbees.com/> is building the world's first
marketplace for data and insights.

We receive questions from our clients including Vodafone, Unilever, Wahanda
and Delivery Hero, and turn their complex data problems into bite-size
questions that anyone on the street can answer - via our mobile app.

Only 11 months old, we have raised £1.5M so far from London's top investors
including Octopus Ventures and Robin Klein, who are also backing
TransferWise, Zoopla, FarFetch and Wonga. Our community is spread across 81
countries and our revenues are growing fast.

We have a stable client base and a highly engaged user base - now is the
time to scale the tech platform that connects them together. We are looking
for a strong Ruby developer to lead our technology and grow our engineering
team in London as we continue to solve real-life business problems. Here
are some interesting things you would be working on:

   - Making automated cross currency payments to users “instantly” in 81
   countries
   - Building a database of user supplied geolocation data pinpointing
   business locations not available on Google maps
   - Reliable video and photo file transfer from user devices to our
   servers at scale
   - Developing a self service platform for clients to build their own
   dashboards for data visualisation
   - Using image recognition technology to extract valuable data from
   photos submitted by our users

We're looking for:

   - Solid Ruby experience
   - Desire to sugegst new technology solutions. If you love Elasticsearch
   and think we could use it, let us know and we will
   - A strong culture of TDD
   - An interest in leading and mentoring a team of engineers
   - Experience in JS frameworks is a plus but not necessary
   - An interest in working closely with the product and commercial teams

Compensation:

   -  > £70k + equity options

If you are interested, please reply to this email or check out the role here
<https://streetbees.workable.com/jobs/140001>.

Thanks!