[LRUG] Looking for a good environment where I can improve myself

Erdem Gezer erdemgezer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 02:09:42 PDT 2015

Hi LRUG,

I am a software engineer with experience on web and iOS development.

Despite of my age I couldn’t find a chance to work in a good software development team to apply the ‘best practices for software development’ such as continuous integration/deployment, branching/tagging, code review, user scenarios, etc.
I have applied TDD, BDD and continuous integration(codeship) by myself but I know it’s not the same as doing it within a team.

I used to work with an small and old-fashioned team for a very long time and not satisfied with their way of development so far. Finally I decided to quit and looking for better places to work where I can improve my skills and knowledge.

Until January, I’ll work part-time (2 days a week) on my current job and then quit.
So I have 3 days a week to commit for a suitable job.

I am currently looking for internship, graduate or junior ruby developer positions in London.
I am afraid of applying for a ‘senior ruby developer position’ (which is my current title) because of my lacking knowledge about the development practices.

I would really appreciate if someone in the group could help or introduce me to a company where I can grow.

All the best,
Erdem