[LRUG] [HELP WANTED] Saturday morning code club needs help writing a ruby course

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Mon Oct 5 00:50:01 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Milverton Wallace, one of the organisers of the Wizzle Wizzle Computer
Coding Club (http://www.wizziewizzie.org/) got in touch with me asking for
some help from us.  What he says is:

Next month will be two years since we've been running the club.

Now we're taking stock and beginning to streamline our programme into three
> offerings. The first centred around coding fundamentals taken from CS
> UNplugged, and Scratch. The second around Python and Ruby and the third
> around Groovy, Glide and PyGame.
> This apprach  we believe will provide a clear path of progression for the
> children.

We need 3 or 4 Ruby coders to assist in the writing of an 8 week module.
> Some time ago one of our guys produced a 4 week introductory course, but
> this needs jazzing up and expanding to 8.

If you’d like to get involved you can email Milverton directly to
volunteer: milverton at gmail.com

Cheers,

Murray