[LRUG] [Blog post] (Rails) Application directories named as architectural patterns antipattern

jc at panagile.com jc at panagile.com
Wed Sep 9 01:59:09 PDT 2015

Hi Enrico,

Thanks for sharing this. It’s an approach that I agree with in general - I’d much rather classes were grouped by domain than by pattern. I have got a couple of questions though:

1) Why is it ok to end up with a directories for Controllers, Views and Helpers?

2) Sometimes you are creating classes that fulfil specific roles within the framework; e.g, Presenters. How do identify their function when they aren’t grouped in a directory?

(Or maybe my assumtion at the start of the second question is wrong, in which case I’d like to hear why.)

Thanks,

John