[LRUG] Ruby around the world

James McCarthy james2mccarthy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 04:21:00 PDT 2015

 I’ve been doing pretty much the same thing as you’re thinking of for a few years now and covered a good bit of Spanish speaking South America and Asia. You should definitely come to Asia there’s a great coworking space HUBBA Thailand | Bangkok's 1st Coworking Space for Tech … <https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAAahUKEwjq3NXlp-zHAhXEW44KHSyHApY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhubbathailand.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNFP36aIDiBo7GjTFqZe9QnP6P-DdA&sig2=t38REAm8R3-e1iEMdj5tDw> off Ekamai in Bangkok (where I’m currently working), Chaing Mai has a great many coworking spaces, creative and startup culture and out on the Koh Lanta island is http://kohub.org. Saigon has a couple of coworking spaces and Hanoi has several.

If you are in South America, do your homework before venturing to coworking spaces, I found a few closed down or extremely hard to find, but I would definitely recommend getting a 3g card (not much 4g in south america) and take the opportunity to work from more outlandish places. I’ve had the pleasure of building stuff in the mountains of Nepal,  on 24 hour bus journeys through Vietnam and even worked for several weeks in the mountains around Machu Picchu.

You got my email above, so drop me a note any time.

J.