[LRUG] Blog post: Init Scripts For Web Apps On Linux, And Why You Should Be Using Them

Asfand Yar Qazi ayqazi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 01:28:16 PDT 2016

Hi,

I wrote a blog post, thought I'd share it here since I had my
experiences as a Ruby dev in mind when I wrote it.

"No, not a script that makes you talk like Ali G

I have seen too many servers running production applications, where if
the server has to be rebooted, someone has to log into it and restart
the app. Everyone knows of these magical arcane things called 'init
scripts' which start various services when a server boots up, but for
some reason they are often not used by developers - perhaps due to
fear of complexity. While they were fairly complex a while back,
things have gotten much easier with the advent of newer technologies
on the scene."

http://www.thedevopsdoctors.com/blog/2016/4/8/init-scripts-for-web-apps-on-linux-and-why-you-should-be-using-them

Regards,
     Asfand