[LRUG] Advice for a newbie

damilola odelola damzcodes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 11:08:51 PDT 2016

Hi Tom,

Open source is also a great way to dive into Ruby, it allows you to show &
develop your skills at the same time. It is a bit difficult to find open
source apps for junior/beginner level but one of the first apps I worked on
was diaspora*: https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora

Committing to open source can be a bit intimidating so i'd say another
great way to learn & develop is to get a mentor, someone who is where you
want to be, is willing to teach & is supportive of you.

I hope this helps.

Kindly,
Lola